Thursday 28 July 2011

Godsend - VO5 Miracle Concentrate! (Review)

Alright, sooo, there's a lot of talk around lately about this fantastic oil for your hair called Argan oil. Argan oil comes from the argan trees in Mexico (or so Wikipedia tells me) and is being described as a 'miracle' for your hair by several different companies.



I had seen a couple of videos where Sara (http://www.youtube.com/SWalkerMakeup) had used the VO5 Miracle Concentrate and said it was amazing, so went along to Superdrug (I could not find it in Boots) and picked it up.

First and foremost, the 50ml bottle only cost £2.99. As well as this, you only need a small amount (it says a few drops on the bottle, but I use more like a little pool - see the photo below) so for that price it'll go a long way.

VO5 claim that this 'miracle' ingredient is high in vitamin E (which is good for your hair, skin, nails etc), as well as other anti-oxidants which all fight free radicals (weak split cells that bond to things and can cause the breakdown of other cells - read about it here), and that it is hydrating and deeply conditioning.

VO5 promise that this product will intensively condition and help repair dry, damaged or frizzy hair, leave hair unbelievably smooth and silky soft, add radiant shine, reduce drying time, and reduce damage caused by blow-drying.

(Sorry for the gross photo of my hand, lol, I tried to unscrunch it as much as possible without spilling the oil!)

Stats: This contains the famous argan oil, which is on the ingredients list as Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil and is paraben free. The bottle contains 50ml of the product.

Review: I bought this only five days ago, have used it every day, and love it. Just so you know a bit about my hair - I don't wash my hair every day, I wash it every 2-3 days as it's healthier and my hair doesn't get greasy after one normal day. My hair is fine in consistency but I have a lot of it (feels like too much sometimes!! But I know deep down that it's a blessing!) and I would describe it as dry. It also can fall quite flat because of the weight of it, as it's fairly long as well.

I love the smell of this oil for starters. (It smells like a particular perfume whose name I can't remember, but it'll come to me at some random inconvenient moment I'm sure!) As far as what VO5 promise for this product, it certainly feels like it's repairing the dry parts of my hair (particularly the underneath of the longest layers) and feels very hydrating and moisturising. My hair feels a lot softer as soon as the oil goes in. I can't say I've noticed a huge difference in shine, but I only use the product from about ear length downwards. Drying time feels reduced which is a big plus for someone with as much hair as I do.

It's low maintenance, doesn't make your hair feel greasy (though I would not recommend applying this or any oil near your roots), and can be carried easily in your bag to be applied when you need a refreshing shot of silkiness.

Rebuy?: An unequivocal yes.

Recommend?: Yes, I would. There are lots of higher priced Argan oil hair products around and I can't speak for their effectiveness (though one of my friends has just purchased the Lee Stafford version, which I may ask to try to sample the difference), but at this price, the name 'miracle' may be a little strong, but this product is certainly a godsend.

No comments:

Post a Comment