Thursday 28 July 2011

Taking the plunge - Night cream! (Review)

It's recommended by beauty experts that women start using anti-ageing and anti-wrinkle products at the age of 24 to try and prevent skin ageing and wrinkling as much as possible.

I'm 22, but let's be honest, when I go out clubbing I tend to drink too much and get wayyyy too little sleep (I would like to add that this is not a huge amount, I'm not an alcoholic or a huge party girl!), so I've probably accelerated my skin's ageing during my three years at university. So as I'm starting a bit early, and as usual am very lacking in money, I didn't go for Olay or No7 etc, I went for Botanics.







This is their Mature Nourishing Night Cream, which I bought from Boots.com for £7.14. I probably should have gone for the Night Shift Moisture Cream as it's cheaper at £5.10 and I don't actually have mature skin at the moment, but I figured that it would be a thicker consistency and more nourishing if it were for mature skin.

Stats: This contains Murumuru butter, which they describe as a rich emollient which moisturises, nourishes and softens the skin. The jar/tub holds 50ml (1.69 US fluid ounces), and the product unfortunately does contain parabens.

Review: I've been using this now for about a month. I wake up in the morning with a dewy glow to my skin, though possibly a little too glowy to the point of shiny, as this product is somewhat greasy. However, I don't mind this as I like knowing that I have a rich, thick moisturiser on when I go to bed and that it will work its wonders while I sleep. Before I started using night cream (or, in fact, moisturising at night at all a lot of the time) I would wake up with dry skin on my nose and patches of it on my face as my skin is naturally dry, but since using this I wake up with my skin feeling fully moisturised and not in desperate need of immediate cleansing and moisturising.

Rebuy?: I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this product, as I bought it to trial night cream in general. Now that I know the benefits, I may try a more expensive product. However,  the product works well enough for me and is affordable, so I suppose if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Recommend: If you have very dry skin, this product would be good for you as it is very moisturising. I don't think it would work for oily skin types as it is a somewhat oily consistency, but has not caused me any break outs. In fact, if anything, I have had less spots since using this moisturiser. So at this price, it's definitely worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment